What's happening in the farm economy today?
Visit four different agriculture news Web sites over
one-week period and read current articles that discuss one of the following
- Prices of corn and soybeans
- International export of farm products
- Foreign competition in production of corn or soybeans
- Value-added products made from corn or soybeans
- New local food systems
- New agricultural marketing opportunities
Look for the Search box on each news Web site to help locate information
about the topic you have chosen.
After selecting your news stories, complete the news analysis worksheet.
Farm News Resources
Complete a written reflection after completing the news worksheet
and answer the following questions:
- What do you think is the most important issue facing farmers today?
- In your opinion, why is this issue the most important?